City Desk Fog Creek's City Desk sounds like a product built sensibly off user behavior. In designing the web publishing system, Joel
- Avoided a web-based application (can't do good GUIs over the web)I don't know how the product will do against competitors, like Grey Matter, UserLand, or even Blogger (the system I use), but there's probably a space for an easy-to-use desktop web publishing tool on Windows. Until Microsoft bundles a version and kills the space.
- Used the right tool for the right task (use databases for databases, not XML)
- Assumed people couldn't control the server (they usually can't)
- Built for Windows only (no brainer--everyone has it)
- Made it really easy to use